Sometimes, heated arguments develop over very strange things.Today, my manager and I - quite unexpectedly - found ourselves in a disagreement over Hugh Jackman and Ewan McGregor and who is "better." The definition of "better" varied over the course of the argument. It started (from my perspective) based on singing ability, and then developed into an argument about work output and contribution to popular culture. I had no idea I had such passionate feelings about the issue until this discussion.
Other colleagues who were unfortunate enough to wander by during the argument were forced to give their opinions. As unlikely as it seems, both men and women digested the question and considered it in a deliberate manner. Some of the responses included (paraphrased):
"Well, Hugh Jackman is a pretty boy. I'd rather go on a road trip with Ewan McGregor. I think he'd be a better wingman ... wait, are we talking about their movies?"
"Ewan McGregor for his accent. Oh, and the fact that he is in Star Wars."

"HOW IS THIS EVEN A QUESTION?! TRAINSPOTTING!!"
"WOLVERINE!"
"I'd rather look like Ewan McGregor."
"Why are you even comparing them? They are totally dissimilar. Its like comparing apples...and cubes."
An impartial colleage decided to tackle the issue in a scientific manner and created a chart on her whiteboard, taking all variables (reasons, gender) into account. At the end of the day, it was 11 to 10 in favor of Ewan.
As silly as it seems, there are many valid reasons to compare these two actors. Both are handsome, charismatic foreigners. Both star in cult film series. Both sing and dance. Personally, I have a fondness for Hugh Jackman based on his musical theatre background. I saw The Boy From Oz and Hugh Jackman gave one of the most energetic and compelling performances I have ever seen. (Also, he's tall, dark, and handsome. Call me, Hugh!)
Next week's debate (per request): Betty or Veronica?
No comments:
Post a Comment